Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Today is Easter. Our church meeting today really was incredible. We had beautiful musical numbers and a talk that was given by a sister in our ward who had gone to Jerusalem and took a tour of the Savior's last five days. What a great opportunity to see what He saw and imagine what He might have felt.

I know some people believe that following the commandments was much easier for Jesus Christ than for us because He is God. But I know that He was also mortal, just like us, during His time here on Earth and He had the same temptations we have, He suffered and had trials, I know that He went through so much more than we can comprehend. He chose to follow Heavenly Father. And as He did that He became stronger, He was able to bear more burdens and handle more hardships. He grew and learned just as we need to. He is our example for how to live our lives so that we may be able to handle, with the Lord's help, more trials and more hardships to become better, to be prepared for our responsibilities in this world and the next. He taught us that no matter your circumstances you can choose to learn who the Lord is and choose to follow His teachings. You can become better. The Lord has a plan for you, if you are willing to follow it.

In Relief Society we had a sister talk about being in Europe for Easter and how bells start ringing all throughout the city on Friday and in the evening at the same time the Savior was crucified the bells stop. And no bells ring for three days. Sunday morning bursts with every bell ringing celebrating Jesus Christ's resurrection. What a beautiful symbolic tradition. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for me. I am grateful for the hope I feel through repentance. I know that as I turn to the Lord and turn away from my sins that I can become more like Him. He will strengthen me through my trials and help me to learn and become the woman I hope to be. I testify these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: