Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hast thou considered my servant...



Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

1:8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

I know most of you are very familiar with the above quote and with the story of Job, but I just wanted to talk about it a little today. The quote really makes me laugh and smile, I think, "yeah, I want to be the kind of person that frustrates Satan." I often think about the story of Job and the idea of what if God and Satan were having this same conversation now...... I want to be the type of person that God can say "Hast thou considered my servant, Chrissy Gavin?"
I wish to be the person that can be an example of going through the trials I have been given faithfully and being the kind of person that is an example of righteousness. I fall short so often but I try not to get discouraged and I keep hoping one day I will be the kind of woman that the Lord can say has become upright and perfect.


1 comment:

Alicia said...

You are so right! That is the very definition of "Enduring to the end". It doesn't just mean staying alive until you die. It is being valliant in your testimony and all you do, no matter the circumstance you find yourself in.
Great Job!(that was a pun)